There are many services and products that are commonly used by architects, and the top five can vary depending on the specific needs and preferences of the architect. That being said, some of the top services and products that are frequently used by architects include:
- Computer-aided design (CAD) software - Architects use CAD software to create detailed, accurate plans and drawings of their designs. Popular CAD software includes AutoCAD and Revit.
- 3D modeling software - Architects use 3D modeling software to create realistic, three-dimensional representations of their designs. This allows them to visualize the finished product and make changes as needed. Popular 3D modeling software includes SketchUp and Rhino. We, at MapServe® offer 3d ready MasterMap® for your projects, fully working with AutoCAD.
- Project management software - Architects use project management software to keep track of deadlines, budgets, and other important details related to their projects. This helps them to stay organized and ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget. Popular project management software includes Asana and Trello.
- Drawing and drafting tools - Architects use a variety of drawing and drafting tools to create plans and drawings, including pencils, pens, rulers, compasses, and triangles.
- Physical models - Some architects create physical models of their designs using materials such as foam board, cardboard, or wood. This can help them to better visualize and understand the design, and it can also be used to present the design to clients.